Tassel Ridge Winery won seven medals in the recent Mid-American Wine Competition held at DMACC. This competition is open to wineries located in 18 states in the middle of the U.S. Judging is conducted by a number of experienced judges led by Chief Judge, Doug Frost, of Kansas City. Frost is one of only three people in the world to have earned the title of both Master of Wine and Master Sommelier.
This competition is the only competition to judge wines on their own merits and also with specific food choices.
The awards that Tassel Ridge wines won are listed below:
Traditional Wine Competition:
- Sweepstakes Winner for Sweet White Wine and Gold Medal – 2013 Iowa La Crescent
- Silver Medal—Candleglow® White
- Bronze Medal—2013 Iowa St. Croix Rosé
Food Pairing Wine Competition:
- Gold Medal—Oskyfizzante® Pink with Créme Anglaise
- Silver Medal—Cranberry Wine with Roasted Turkey Breast
- Silver Medal—Cangleglow® White with Baked Trout
- Bronze Medal—2013 Iowa St. Croix Rosé with Sautéed Shrimp
The Cangleglow® White will be released in September. All of the other wines are available at the Winery and at many of our retailers.