Now hiring for a Sales Representative to join the Tassel Ridge Winery Sales Team!
Our Sales Reps begin and end each day at Tassel Ridge Winery, with the possible exception of one or two overnight stays each week. The ability to lift 40 pounds and possess a clean driving record is required. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
As a Tassel Ridge Winery Sales Representative, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieving retail sales distribution goals by developing and managing a network of retailers and restaurants that actively sell Tassel Ridge wines.
- Continuously identify, contact and recruit new retailers and restaurants
- Maximize sales opportunities by servicing and providing retailers and restaurants with the necessary knowledge and tools required to properly distribute Tassel Ridge wines, including:
- Planning, designing and conducting educational product presentations
- Providing wait and sales staff with presentation training
- Conducting tasting events (which may require weekends)
- Providing promotional support including point-of-sale materials
- Manage active accounts by making weekly or more frequent calls, monitoring inventory turns, ensuring current vintage and delivering orders
- Gather information about competitors’ activities in selling to retail and restaurant accounts, including successes and failures, and reports information back to Owner
- Assisting with promotional events at the winery
- Develops detailed written procedures and training aids for all activities
- Networks in the community and develops partnerships in an effort to achieve the winery’s strategic goals
- Investigates and resolves retailers and restaurant’s complaints
- Is committed to working weekends and evenings as necessary
- Ensures activities follow and comply with ABD (Alcoholic Beverage Division) and other related regulations
- Participates in a program of continual learning and skill development
- Effectively communicates and participates as a part of the Winery Team which includes regular attendance at the monthly team meeting
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A proven work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience assessing customer wants and preferences and modifying a service delivery system to respond to the customer
- Experience in the wine industry is preferred
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail and internet)
- Proven ability to build working relationships
- Demonstrated passion for the winery industry and Tassel Ridge Winery products
See below for more information on how to apply.
Now hiring Part-Time Wine Ambassadors! If you live in or around the following areas, we’d enjoy hearing from you!
This position will work 6–8 wine-tasting events per month. Events take place in the late afternoon or early evening on Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for wine and a desire to converse with patrons about our wine. We will provide full training so that our Ambassadors can represent the winery at promotional and wine-tasting events, and knowledgeably converse with attendees about the winery and its wines.
Applications, resumes, and cover letters can be submitted via mail, fax, or e-mail to the following:
Tassel Ridge Winery
P.O. Box 115
Oskaloosa, IA 52577-0115
Click here to download an application.
This file is in a PDF format and you will need Adobe Reader or some other program to open the application. Click here for the FREE Adobe Reader program download.