Tassel Ridge Winery is now hiring for the following positions:
Now hiring for a Sales Representative to join the Tassel Ridge Winery Sales Team!
Our Sales Reps begin and end each day at Tassel Ridge Winery, with the possible exception of one or two overnight every 1-2 weeks. The ability to lift 40 pounds and possess a clean driving record is required. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
As a Tassel Ridge Winery Sales Representative, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieving retail sales distribution goals by developing and managing a network of retailers and restaurants that actively sell Tassel Ridge wines.
- Continuously identify, contact and recruit new retailers and restaurants
- Maximize sales opportunities by servicing and providing retailers and restaurants with the necessary knowledge and tools required to properly distribute Tassel Ridge wines, including:
- Planning, designing and conducting educational product presentations
- Providing wait and sales staff with presentation training
- Conducting tasting events (which may require weekends)
- Providing promotional support including point-of-sale materials
- Manage active accounts by making weekly or more frequent calls, monitoring inventory turns, ensuring current vintage and delivering orders
- Gather information about competitors’ activities in selling to retail and restaurant accounts, including successes and failures, and reports information back to Owner
- Assisting with promotional events at the winery
- Develops detailed written procedures and training aids for all activities
- Networks in the community and develops partnerships in an effort to achieve the winery’s strategic goals
- Investigates and resolves retailers and restaurant’s complaints
- Is committed to working weekends and evenings as necessary
- Ensures activities follow and comply with ABD (Alcoholic Beverage Division) and other related regulations
- Participates in a program of continual learning and skill development
- Effectively communicates and participates as a part of the Winery Team which includes regular attendance at the monthly team meetings.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A proven work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Experience assessing customer wants and preferences and modifying a service delivery system to respond to the customer
- Experience in the wine industry is preferred
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, e-mail and internet)
- Proven ability to build working relationships
- Demonstrated passion for the winery industry and Tassel Ridge Winery products
Tassel Ridge Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Pre-Employment physical and drug screen required; Pre-offer background Check conducted prior to job offer
Tassel Ridge Winery is currently seeking a team and detailed-oriented candidate for a full-time Bookkeeper position. This position would be required to fulfill bookkeeping duties for Tassel Ridge Winery and provide related support to Interpower Components Ltd., and Interpower Corporation. This position is a full-time, benefits eligible position with hours of 8 a.m–5 p.m.
Candidates should possess some education beyond high school, preferably a two-year degree in accounting; outstanding communication skills; strong attention to detail; successful work history strong employment history; a self-starter; and have PC-based bookkeeping experience.
- Team orientated environment
- Competitive benefits package including 401(k) with company match and health, dental and vision insurance
- Ability to work with three different industries including international business
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Performs regular financial transactions on a daily basis and keeps records accurate and up to date for Tassel Ridge Winery
- Posts winery deposits on a daily basis
- Coordinates Accounts payable transactions by assisting in placing purchase orders, processing of invoices, and printing checks
- Pays vendors in a timely manner.
- Ensures all employee credit card statements have corresponding receipts.
Coordinates Interpower Components Ltd (Milton Keynes, England Location) accounts payable transactions with the Credit Controller. Vouchers and pays vendors on a timely basis so records are accurate and up to date.
- Maintains shared file showing various AP invoices
- Emails personnel promptly to solve issues on AP invoices
- Assists Chief Financial Officer by running end of month reports and saving them to the account reconciliations spreadsheet.
Ensures bottled wine inventory records are accurate and reported in a timely manner.
- Produces and sends the Run Rate Report every Friday and at the end of every month
- Audits the tasting room inventory at least annually
- Performs actual inventory counts at the end of the month and end of the quarter within the cellar and warehouse; comparing actual inventory against the computer system (NAV) and the inventory reported on the clipboard.
- Hands-on responsibility for verifying each Sales Representatives actual van inventory against reported inventory on a routine (generally weekly) basis.
- Investigates and resolves inventory errors by collaborating with those who are involved in making the inventory transfers.
- Provides monthly and quarterly reports to the President and Vice President
Masters the applicable areas of our computer systems and other systems as needed.
- Is proficient in using other institutions online systems.
- Writes and updates training aids or work instructions as needed
- Becomes the accounting system expert and provides troubleshooting assistance to other members or the team as needed.
Tassel Ridge Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Pre-Employment physical and drug screen required; Background Check conducted prior to job offer
Now hiring for Seasonal Vineyard Staff
Meadowcreek Vineyard, a subsidiary of Tassel Ridge Winery, is looking for Seasonal Vineyard Staff. Seasonal staff will begin working in the vineyards in March and will continue working through harvest in October. Days and hours vary depending on the weather, but typically are 40+ hours Monday- Friday with weekend work as necessary. Successful applicants must be able to work very early mornings (3:00 A.M.) during harvest which runs from August through October.
Duties include, but not limited to: building and continued maintenance of the trellis (support) systems, tying vines, planting, pruning, irrigation, weed control, tending to the above ground portion of the vines, harvest, and general vineyard maintenance or other duties related to vine care.
Candidates will spend their days outside working in the vineyards and must be able to stand, walk, squat, and/or kneel for prolonged periods of time. The need to work in inclement weather, including extreme cold or heat is required. Candidates will also have exposure to different allergens, such as, pollen, bees, and dust as well different field critters.
Candidates must have a valid drivers license and acceptable driving record. An understanding of basic growing practices and procedures for hybrid grapes is desired, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pre-offer background check required
Pre-employment physical and drug screen required.
Job Type: Temporary (Seasonal)
Applications, resumes, and cover letters can be submitted via mail, fax, or e-mail to the following:
Attn: Human Resources
Tassel Ridge Winery
P.O. Box 115
Oskaloosa, IA 52577-0115
Click here to download an application.
This file is in a PDF format and you will need Adobe Reader or some other program to open the application. Click here for the FREE Adobe Reader program download.