Tassel Ridge Winery is now hiring for the following positions:
Tassel Ridge Winery is currently seeking a team and detailed-oriented candidate for a full-time Bookkeeper position. This position would be required to fulfill bookkeeping duties for Tassel Ridge Winery and provide related support to Interpower Components Ltd., and Interpower Corporation. This position is a full-time, benefits eligible position with hours of 8 a.m–5 p.m.
Candidates should possess some education beyond high school, preferably a two-year degree in accounting; outstanding communication skills; strong attention to detail; successful work history strong employment history; a self-starter; and have PC-based bookkeeping experience.
- Team orientated environment
- Competitive benefits package including 401(k) with company match and health, dental and vision insurance
- Ability to work with three different industries including international business
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
Performs regular financial transactions on a daily basis and keeps records accurate and up to date for Tassel Ridge Winery
- Posts winery deposits on a daily basis
- Coordinates Accounts payable transactions by assisting in placing purchase orders, processing of invoices, and printing checks
- Pays vendors in a timely manner.
- Ensures all employee credit card statements have corresponding receipts.
Coordinates Interpower Components Ltd (Milton Keynes, England Location) accounts payable transactions with the Credit Controller. Vouchers and pays vendors on a timely basis so records are accurate and up to date.
- Maintains shared file showing various AP invoices
- Emails personnel promptly to solve issues on AP invoices
- Assists Chief Financial Officer by running end of month reports and saving them to the account reconciliations spreadsheet.
Ensures bottled wine inventory records are accurate and reported in a timely manner.
- Produces and sends the Run Rate Report every Friday and at the end of every month
- Audits the tasting room inventory at least annually
- Performs actual inventory counts at the end of the month and end of the quarter within the cellar and warehouse; comparing actual inventory against the computer system (NAV) and the inventory reported on the clipboard.
- Hands-on responsibility for verifying each Sales Representatives actual van inventory against reported inventory on a routine (generally weekly) basis.
- Investigates and resolves inventory errors by collaborating with those who are involved in making the inventory transfers.
- Provides monthly and quarterly reports to the President and Vice President
Masters the applicable areas of our computer systems and other systems as needed.
- Is proficient in using other institutions online systems.
- Writes and updates training aids or work instructions as needed
- Becomes the accounting system expert and provides troubleshooting assistance to other members or the team as needed.
Tassel Ridge Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer; Pre-Employment physical and drug screen required; Background Check conducted prior to job offer
Now hiring for Seasonal Vineyard Staff
Meadowcreek Vineyard, a subsidiary of Tassel Ridge Winery, is looking for Seasonal Vineyard Staff. Seasonal staff will begin working in the vineyards in March and will continue working through harvest in October. Days and hours vary depending on the weather, but typically are 40+ hours Monday- Friday with weekend work as necessary. Successful applicants must be able to work very early mornings (3:00 A.M.) during harvest which runs from August through October.
Duties include, but not limited to: building and continued maintenance of the trellis (support) systems, tying vines, planting, pruning, irrigation, weed control, tending to the above ground portion of the vines, harvest, and general vineyard maintenance or other duties related to vine care.
Candidates will spend their days outside working in the vineyards and must be able to stand, walk, squat, and/or kneel for prolonged periods of time. The need to work in inclement weather, including extreme cold or heat is required. Candidates will also have exposure to different allergens, such as, pollen, bees, and dust as well different field critters.
Candidates must have a valid drivers license and acceptable driving record. An understanding of basic growing practices and procedures for hybrid grapes is desired, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pre-offer background check required
Pre-employment physical and drug screen required.
Job Type: Temporary (Seasonal)
Applications, resumes, and cover letters can be submitted via mail, fax, or e-mail to the following:
Attn: Human Resources
Tassel Ridge Winery
P.O. Box 115
Oskaloosa, IA 52577-0115
Click here to download an application.
This file is in a PDF format and you will need Adobe Reader or some other program to open the application. Click here for the FREE Adobe Reader program download.