Tassel Ridge Winery is now hiring for the following positions:
Tassel Ridge Winery is seeking a passionate Chef to join our winery. The successful candidate must be committed to working approximately 25 hours per week; Thursday–Saturday, 1:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. (or to event close). The schedule may vary to include working additional week days or evenings, Sundays and/or selected holidays as needed.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepares selected foods that have been determined to showcase our wines
- Keeps kitchen, kitchen equipment, and supplies clean and organized
- Maintains a high level of personal hygiene and demeanor
- Engages with customers during pizza preparation and after formal dinners
- Safely uses all kitchen equipment and ensures it is properly maintained and functioning
- Develops wine and food pairing expertise
Ideal candidate will possess:
- A good work ethic
- Proven team leadership skills and strong team orientation
- Likes to provide excellent service and demonstrates the desire and drive to exceed customer expectations
- Model professionalism
- Dedication and commitment to working evenings, weekends and holidays
- Able to lift 40 pounds and stand for a prolonged period of time
- Serve-safe certified
- Culinary Arts degree and/or relevant work experience
- Experience in training others as well as public speaking
Candidate must be 21 years of age.
Pre-employment physical and drug screen required.
Background check conducted prior to job offer.
Tassel Ridge Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Are you looking for a seasonal job where you can enjoy having the winter holidays off? Tassel Ridge Winery is looking for Seasonal Vineyard Staff. Our Seasonal Vineyard Staff will begin working in the vineyards in March and will discontinue after harvest in October. Days and hours will vary on the weather, but will typically be Monday-Friday with weekend work as necessary. Successful candidates must be able to work very early mornings during harvest (August – October).
Duties include, but are not limited to: building and continued maintenance of the trellis (support) systems, planting, pruning, irrigation, weed control, caring to the above ground portion of the vines and harvest.
Candidates will spend their days outside working in the vineyards and must be able to stand, walk, squat, and/or kneel for prolonged periods of time. Candidates will have to work in inclement weather, including extreme cold or heat, and must be able to dress accordingly.
Candidates must have a valid drivers license and acceptable driving record. An understanding of basic growing practices and procedures for hybrid grapes is desired, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pre-offer background check required
Pre-employment physical and drug screen required.
Now hiring a Tasting Room Staff (Part-Time)
Tassel Ridge Winery is seeking team-oriented individuals who are passionate about wine to join our Tasting Room staff. The successful candidate must be able to work varying hours for special events (Thursday, Friday, or Saturday evenings) as well as normal business hours on Saturday (9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m.) and/or Sunday (noon–6:00 p.m.).
The ideal candidates will be comfortable conducting detailed tours for guests and understands the importance of creating customer relationships. Primary responsibilities include conducting wine tastings that educate and delight, processing gift shop transactions, and ensuring the visitor areas are clean and well kept.
Position starts at $10/hour and increases to $12/hour once training is complete.
Attributes that are needed to perform these responsibilities include:
- Interest in wine and a desire to learn about wine by tasting and consuming it with meals
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse customer base
- Team-oriented with the ability to work in an environment that requires flexibility
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Some computer and/or cash register knowledge
The capability to lift 40 lbs. and stand/walk for long periods of time is required.
Applicants must be at least 21 years of age. Previous restaurant, waitress/waiter, food prep experience is highly preferred.
If you are a team player with a dynamic personality and are looking for a part-time position, we would like to hear from you! All part-time employees are eligible for our 401(k) retirement plan.
Candidates may not be employed by, or have any direct or indirect interest in any liquor, wine or beer manufacturer, bottler, importer, wholesaler (distributor), broker, or retailer in Iowa, the United States, or outside the United States.
Interested in Wine? Like to Meet People?
If you’re interested in wine, like to talk about wine, and like to meet people, become a Tassel Ridge Winery Wine Ambassador—host wine tastings at Tassel Ridge retailers located near your home. It can be very gratifying to introduce someone to a new wine, have that person enjoy it, and subsequently buy a bottle of it.
Through a Wine Ambassador, people can try Tassel Ridge wines at a location where they can purchase the wines they taste. In addition to discussing flavor profiles, Ambassadors can recommend foods that pair well with individual wines. They can also make suggestions for ways to serve Tassel Ridge wines at events that range from family dinners to an evening on the deck watching the world go by.
The part-time Wine Ambassador position involves conducting two to three tastings per week at designated Tassel Ridge Winery retailers. Each tasting lasts approximately two hours, and set-up and take-down time is paid. Tastings happen mostly on Thursday and Friday evenings and on Saturdays. Since the tastings are determined and prepared in advance by the Sales Support Coordinator, the main focus of the Ambassador is to introduce people to Tassel Ridge wines by pouring tastes and talking about the wines.
Comprehensive training is included, beginning with a 4-hour training session at the Winery. To ensure that an Ambassador knows how to do an actual wine tasting, two tastings are conducted under the leadership of one of the Tassel Ridge sales reps or an experienced Ambassador.
Also included in the training is detailed information about Tassel Ridge wines, so that an Ambassador can confidently discuss them with others and encourage prospective customers to discover a Tassel Ridge wine that they like.
Ambassador Days happen on a quarterly basis at the Winery. They allow Ambassadors to see what is happening in the vineyards, cellar, and tasting room. Ambassadors can also taste wines that have not been tried before as well as soon-to-be-released wines.
Wine tastings give people the chance to discover that there are wonderful Iowa wines. When Tassel Ridge Winery began over ten years ago, the perception was that wines made in Iowa were inferior to domestic or imported wines. When first trying an Iowa wine, many people are pleasantly surprised at the exceptional quality. The huge variety of Tassel Ridge wines, ranging from dry to sweet, offer many choices to meet people’s preferences.
Become an Ambassador!
Being a Tassel Ridge Ambassador can be personally rewarding! For more information, contact the Winery or download an application below.
If you live in or around the following areas, we’d enjoy hearing from you!
- Cedar Rapids
- Iowa City
- Mason City
- Orange City
- Sioux City
- Spirit Lake
This position will work 6–8 wine-tasting events per month. Events take place in the late afternoon or early evening on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for wine and a desire to converse with patrons about our wine. We will provide full training so that our Ambassadors can represent the winery at promotional and wine-tasting events, and knowledgeably converse with attendees about the winery and its wines.
Now hiring a Human Resources Coordinator
Interpower Corporation is currently seeking a team-oriented individual for an immediate opening within its Human Resources department. The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be coordinating, managing and continually improving the talent acquisition and on-boarding process for Interpower Corporation, a manufacturer of power system components, and Tassel Ridge Winery, a producer of wine.
The position includes:
- developing recruitment strategies and resources which enable the Company to attract candidates with the skill and attributes required to meet corporate objectives
- coordinating, managing and continually improving the hiring process
- coordinating and leading a new employee orientation process
- working with supervisors to assess position specific documents which are reflective of current needs
- dealing with employees’ issues and concerns in a fair, timely and effective manner.
The successful candidate will possess:
- 4 year college degree, preferably in Business Management with an emphasis in Human Resources, or equivalent experience
- 1–2 years of Human Resources experience or a strong internship experience, preferably in a Manufacturing environment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills
- Team Skills
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to travel amongst the Company’s Iowa locations on a regular basis
The following would be a plus:
- PHR/SPHR Certification
- Knowledge of employment laws
- Previous experience in recruitment, hiring and on-boarding
Interpower Corporation offers a competitive salary and benefits package with continual learning opportunities as well as a smoke-free working environment. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume with salary requirements in confidence to:
Attn: Amy De Bruin, PHR, SHRM-CP
P.O. Box 115
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Equal Opportunity Employer; Pre-employment physical and drug screen required; Background check conducted prior to job offer.
Applications, resumes, and cover letters can be submitted via mail, fax, or e-mail to the following:
Tassel Ridge Winery
P.O. Box 115
Oskaloosa, IA 52577-0115
Click here to download an application.
This file is in a PDF format and you will need Adobe Reader or some other program to open the application. Click here for the FREE Adobe Reader program download.