Tassel Ridge Winery is now hiring for the following positions:
Part-Time Tasting Room Staff
Vineyard Worker (Full-Time)
Now hiring for Part-Time Tasting Room Staff to join the Tassel Ridge Winery Sales Team!
Tassel Ridge Winery is seeking team-oriented individuals who are passionate about wine to join our Tasting Room staff. The successful candidate must be able to work varying hours for special events (Friday or Saturday evenings) as well as normal business hours on Saturday (10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.) and/or Sunday (noon – 6:00 p.m.).
The ideal candidates will be comfortable conducting detailed tours for guests and understands the importance of creating customer relationships. Primary responsibilities include preparing and serving wine flight tastings, helping customers select a wine that matches his/her taste profile, processing gift shop transactions, serving food and wine at dinners, and ensuring the visitor areas are clean and well kept.
Attributes that are needed to perform these responsibilities include:
- Interest in wine and a desire to learn about wine by tasting and consuming it with meals
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse customer base
- Team-oriented with the ability to work in an environment that requires flexibility
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Some computer and/or cash register knowledge
The capability to lift 40 lbs. and stand/walk for long periods of time is required. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pre-offer Background Check Required
Pre-employment Physical and Drug screen Required
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $12.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee discount
- Casual dining restaurant
- 8-hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Are you 21 years or older?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Sound interesting? Want to know more? Then we want to hear from you! Click here for how to apply.
Now hiring for a Sales Representative to join the Tassel Ridge Winery Sales Team!
This full-time position will cover an assigned territory located within the State of Iowa two or three days a week. The remainder of the week will be spent assisting other Sales Representatives or other operational areas of the Winery. Sales Representatives begin and end each day at the Winery, located in Leighton IA, except for a few times a month when an overnight stay is required. All candidates must be at least 21 years of age and possess a clean driving record. The ability to lift and carry up to 40 pounds is required.
As a Tassel Ridge Winery Sales Representative, your responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Achieves retail sales distribution goals by developing and managing a network of retailers that actively sell Tassel Ridge wines
- Maximizes sales opportunities by building relationships with retailers to help them sell Tassel Ridge wines
- Delivers wine that meets retailer needs and maintains our displays as necessary
- Analyzes the external environment and provides insights on consumer feedback, volumes, and pricing that is essential to enabling the Winery to establish future strategic objectives, goals, and product offerings
- Works as part of the Winery Sales Team to help ensure that all of our retail customers’ needs are met
- Contributes to regular sales team meetings
- Is committed to working weekends and evenings as required
- Ensures all activities follow and comply with ABD (Alcoholic Beverage Division) and other related regulations
- Participated in a program of continual learning and skill development
- Effectively communicates and participates as a part of the Winery Team which includes regular attendance at the monthly team meetings.
Tassel Ridge Winery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pre-employment physical and drug screen required.
Background check conducted prior to job offer.
Job Type: Full-time
Now hiring for Vineyard Worker (Full-Time)
Meadowcreek Vineyard, a subsidiary of Tassel Ridge Winery, is looking for Seasonal Vineyard Staff. Seasonal staff will begin working in the vineyards in March and will continue working through harvest in October. Days and hours vary depending on the weather, but typically are 40+ hours Monday–Friday with occasional weekend work, as necessary. Successful applicants must be able to work very early mornings (3:00 A.M.) during harvest which runs from August through October.
Duties include, but not limited to: building and continued maintenance of the trellis (support) systems, tying vines, planting, pruning, irrigation, weed control, tending to the above ground portion of the vines, harvest, and general vineyard maintenance or other duties related to vine care.
Candidates will spend their days outside working in the vineyards and must be able to stand, walk, squat, and/or kneel for prolonged periods of time. The need to work in inclement weather, including extreme cold or heat is required. Candidates will also be exposed to different allergens, such as pollen, bees, dust, and different field critters.
Candidates must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to commute to multiple sites. Candidates must also possess an acceptable driving record. An understanding of basic growing practices and procedures for hybrid grapes is desired, but not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pre-offer background check required
Pre-employment physical and drug screen required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- 8-hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Oskaloosa, IA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations
Applications, resumes, and cover letters can be submitted via mail, fax, or e-mail to the following:
Attn: Human Resources
Tassel Ridge Winery
P.O. Box 115
Oskaloosa, IA 52577-0115
Click here to download an application.
This file is in a PDF format and you will need Adobe Reader or some other program to open the application. Click here for the FREE Adobe Reader program download.