Tassel Ridge® Apple Walnut Salad
- 2 large Honey Crisp or Fuji apples
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 Tbsp dried cranberries
- 1 cup red grapes sliced in half
- ⅓ cup toasted walnuts coarsely chopped (see note following)
- 3 oz crumbled Stilton or blue cheese
- ¾ cup balsamic vinaigrette
Cut apples into cubes. Thinly slice celery stalks. Toss apples, celery, cranberries, grapes, walnuts, and cheese with balsamic vinaigrette. Serves 4.
Note—To toast walnuts, spread on baking dish and bake for 10 minutes at 350°F.
Wine Recommendation: Tassel Ridge La Crescent I recommend Tassel Ridge La Crescent because it offers some sweetness and is a refreshing, semi-sweet white wine with tropical fruit, peach, pear, and grapefruit on the nose and tropical fruit, peach, and citrus on the palate.— Bob Wersen, Owner, Tassel Ridge Winery