Try Garbanzo Bean Chicken Salad Pitas with Tassel Ridge® Steuben.
These garbanzo bean chicken salad pitas have lots of flavor. Tassel Ridge Steuben, a light, fruity, semi-sweet rosé with cherry and apple notes and just a hint of cinnamon on the nose and cherry and apple flavors on the palate with a slightly spicy, tangy finish is a perfect pairing.
Tassel Ridge® Chicken Garbanzo Bean Salad Pitas
- 9 oz cooked boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint or fresh basil
- ½ cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups baby spinach, plus extra for serving
- ⅓ cup feta cheese crumbled
- Freshly ground pepper
- 4 pita breads
- 4 lemon wedges
Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Combine chicken, garbanzo beans, cucumber, onions, mint or basil, yogurt, garlic, and salt. Gently fold in spinach and feta. Season with pepper. Cut pitas in half. Line with spinach. Spoon about ½ cup mixture into pita half. Serve with lemon wedges. Serves 4.
Wine Recommendation—Tassel Ridge Steuben
Steuben is a semi-sweet, light, fruity, easy-drinking style rosé with cherry and apple notes and just a hint of cinnamon on the nose and cherry and apple flavors on the palate with a slightly spicy, tangy finish. Made entirely from Steuben grapes, Steuben is perfect as an aperitif or try it with an Asian stir-fry or chicken salad. Serve chilled.