Tassel Ridge Curried Chicken Salad
- 2 whole bone-in skin-on large chicken breasts (at least 1½ lbs each)
- 1 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 medium celery stalks small diced
- 2 medium green onions white and green parts, minced
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh cilantro or parsley, if preferred
- ¾ –1 cup mayonnaise
- 1½ –2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp golden raisins
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp honey
- freshly ground black pepper
Adjust oven rack to middle position. Preheat oven to 400°F. Place chicken on small, foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with oil. Sprinkle with salt. Roast 35 to 40 minutes (chicken should reach 165°F). Cool to room temperature. Remove skin and bones. Shred into bite-sized pieces (you should have about 5 cups).
Combine chicken, celery, onions, cilantro (or parsley), mayonnaise, lemon juice, raisins, curry powder, and honey in large bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve, or can be refrigerated overnight. Serves 6.
Wine Recommendation—Tassel Ridge Sweet Roxie Red®
The sweetness from the raisins and honey make a semi-sweet wine the perfect complement to this dish. Sweet Roxie Red® is a refreshing, sweet, fruity red wine that offers cherry and green apple notes on the nose and cherry and plum on the palate. It is made from a blend of Marquette and Muscat grapes. Serve chilled.
— Bob Wersen, Owner, Tassel Ridge Winery