Tassel Ridge Iowa Edelweiss, with hints of mandarin orange, pear, and pineapple, pairs well with shrimp and this Scampi Sauce.
Tassel Ridge® Shrimp Scampi
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 Tbsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup Tassel Ridge Iowa Edelweiss
- juice from ½ lemon
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 lb 21–25 shrimp, peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- ½ lb cold unsalted butter, sliced
- 1 lb angel hair pasta, cooked
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
Heat 2 tsp oil in saucepan. Add garlic. Sauté until garlic becomes aromatic. Add Tassel Ridge Iowa Edelweiss and lemon juice. Reduce to about ¼ cup. Add cream. Reduce to half. While sauce is reducing, heat remaining oil in skillet. Sauté shrimp until cooked through. Set aside. Remove sauce from heat. Slowly add butter, one or two slices at a time, making sure that butter is melted before adding more. Add salt to taste. Toss shrimp, pasta, and sauce together. Top with parsley. Serves 4.