Warm up with Fiery Shrimp!
Shrimp doesn’t have strong flavors, but the other ingredients in Fiery Shrimp are very flavorful. The tropical fruit notes and a hint of grapefruit in Tassel Ridge Iowa Lace will pair nicely with the spice in the shrimp and the citrus in the Ginger-Lime Sauce.
Tassel Ridge® Fiery Shrimp
- 3 Tbsp minced shallots
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1½ Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp canola oil
- ¼ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, slice diagonally into ½-inch pieces
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Ginger-Lime Sauce, recipe follows
Rub minced shallots on shrimp. Set aside. Combine cornstarch, salt, and pepper in bowl. Mix well. Dredge shrimp in cornstarch mixture. Heat oil over high heat in large nonstick pan. Add shrimp. Cook, tossing quickly until opaque, about 2 minutes. Add bell pepper, onion, and jalapeño. Stir fry 1 minute. Remove from heat. Garnish with cilantro. Serve with Ginger-Lime Sauce. Serves 4.
Serving Suggestion—Serve over rice.
Wine Recommendation—Tassel Ridge Iowa Lace
Iowa Lace is an off-dry white with grapefruit and tropical fruit on the nose and palate. Made from La Crescent grapes grown in our Iowa vineyards, Iowa Lace pairs well with chicken or fish. Serve chilled.
Tassel Ridge® Ginger-Lime Sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ tsp sambal oelek chili paste
- 2 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice with pulp
- ¼ cup water
- 4 Tbsp sugar
Combine garlic, chili paste, and ginger in mixing bowl. Add fish sauce, lime juice, water, and sugar. Mix until blended.